Hearing Aids, Audiology & Accessories
As a nonprofit organization working for the Seattle community for over 75 years, our focus has always been holistic, patient-centered care. We add valuable services, such as same-day Walk-In Service and ongoing communication counseling, to customize your experience to fit your unique needs and lifestyle. Our licensed audiologists provide the highest quality care in the Northwest. We take the time to get to know our clients and their expectations, and involve family whenever possible.
We are in constant communication with vendors so we can bring you the most up-to-date technology available. In addition, we have an expert on assistive listening devices available to meet with you so you can make the most of the assistive devices available.
If you need a hearing aid cleaned or repaired, whether or not you purchased it from HSDC, you are welcome to bring it in for cleaning or repair. To meet your needs promptly and conveniently, HSDC offers a Walk-In Service time including maintenance, cleaning, and basic repairs, Monday through Friday from 1:00 to 2:00pm.
HSDC provides hearing aid fitting, sales, service, and repair. If an evaluation indicates hearing aids would be an effective way to manage your hearing loss, our audiologists will work with you to make the best choice for your lifestyle. We are dedicated to providing excellent service and competitive prices in a comfortable, no-pressure environment. We work with you to provide personalized care to meet your needs.
New Hearing Aids from HSDC Include:
- A 60-day extended trial period
- Personal recommendations based on lifestyle and communication needs
- Free service, adjustments, and repairs during the life of the warranty
- Advanced warranties are available that extend the free cleaning and adjustments through the life of the hearing aid and include free hearing aid batteries
Options for Low-Income Individuals
It is our vision to see all individuals reach their full communication potential—regardless of their ability to pay. To that end, HSDC has programs in place to support low-income individuals and their access to quality audiological care, hearing tests, and hearing aids. Ask your audiologist about:
- The Washington Access Fund (WATF) is a non-profit organization providing fixed 5% interest rate loans, a savings matching program, and other financing services to help Washington State residents obtain the assistive technology they need to live independently and to succeed at school, at work, and at play.
- Washington Assistive Technology Access Program (WATAP) is part of the University of Washington Center for Technology & Disability Studies and is guided by a consumer-majority advisory council as a resource for Washington State residents. This program facilitates long and short-term equipment loans as well as the sale of used items.
- Evergreen Reuse Coalition is a statewide coalition enriching lives through effective reuse of assistive devices across Washington State. HSDC provides refurbished hearing aids to those who are otherwise unable to afford this technology through a unique program.
Assistive Listening Devices
Our staff will work with you to find the best assistive listening devices to complement your hearing aids and meet all your listening needs. Some examples of how assistive technology can be integrated in your treatment plan:
- Talking on your phone—Phone calls can be streamed to your hearing aids via wireless technology; this provides the ability for the hearing aid user to hear a phone conversation directly through the hearing aids while using a hands-free device.
- Watching TV—You can listen to the television through your hearing aids via wireless technology. This system includes an adapter that is connected to the television and allows the signal to be directly sent to the hearing aids.
- Enjoying music—Wireless technology provides the ability of the hearing aid user to connect a smart phone or MP3 player directly to their hearing aid.
Contact us today to schedule a conversation about what assistive listening options may be right for you.