Ways to Give
Your involvement changes lives and helps make dreams come true. There are a variety of ways you can make a difference and open a world of possibility for the individuals and families we serve:
- Make a Donation Now – online, via phone, or my mail
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Give a Gift of Stock
- Planned Giving
- Double Your Contribution
- Donate Used Hearing Aids & Other Supplies
- Additional Questions
Make a Donation Now
- Click HERE to donate or make a pledge online now.
- Give us a call. If you prefer to make a gift over the phone or have any questions, please contact Renee C. Look, our Director of Development, at (206) 388-1286.
- Mail your gift. All gifts sent by mail should be made payable to Hearing, Speech & Deafness Center (HSDC).
- Please send your check or money order to:
Hearing, Speech & Deafness Center
1625 19th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Please send your check or money order to:
One of the most powerful statements a corporation can make is its commitment to the community. At HSDC, we welcome inquiries from corporations and foundations about potential partnership arrangements in the following areas:
- Become an Annual or Event Sponsor: Join one of our many sponsors and maximize your philanthropic dollars by becoming an annual sponsor and receiving year-round benefits, including event-specific recognition at one or both of HSDC’s signature fundraising events. Contact Renee C. Look, our Director of Development, at (206) 388-1286 for more information.
- Direct Matching Gifts to HSDC
- Request HSDC Speakers for Workplace Giving Campaigns: If United Way is supporting your efforts, please direct your speaker requests through them. Otherwise, feel free to contact HSDC directly if you are interested in a speaker to talk about how workplace giving can benefit people and nonprofits in our community.
Give a Gift of Stock
Contributions of stock provide valuable support to HSDC and can also provide significant tax benefits to the donor.
The value of your transfer of stock is calculated as the average between the high and low quotes on the day your stocks leave your control. For example, on July 1, when you mail a stock certificate for one hundred shares to HSDC (or the day your broker transfers the stock into the HSDC investment account), the high is $24 and the low is $20. At the average price of $22 per share, your gift is worth $2,200.
If you have owned your stock for at least one year (appreciated stock), you will receive a tax deduction for the full value of its appreciated value at the time of your donation.
A transfer of appreciated stock avoids the paying capital gains tax and you do not pay commissions for selling the stock. (Brokerage fees are paid out of your donation, however.) These advantages make it possible to give larger gifts than if you give only donations of cash.
If you would like to donate stock to HSDC that has depreciated in value since you bought it, we recommend that you sell your stock and write a check to HSDC in order to claim the loss and pay less in taxes.
To make a contribution of stock, contact Renee C. Look, Director of Development, or David Webster, Director of Finance, to inform them of your gift. Please provide your name, name of the security, number of shares, and date of transfer.
Planned gifts provide creative and flexible strategies for your estate and charitable planning. The greatest benefit, however, lies in knowing you are supporting HSDC, which is important to you and helpful to others.
Whatever inspires you, whatever drives you—you can make a difference by supporting HSDC with a bequest directed at any individual program or the organization as a whole. By including HSDC in your estate plans, you will help support all individuals in achieving their maximum potential through effective communication connections with family and community.
We’d be happy to discuss your options with you or your adviser. For more information or to schedule a time to meet, please contact Renee C. Look, Director of Development, at (206) 388-1286.
Double Your Contribution
If you work for an employer with a Matching Gift Program, you may be able to double your gift. Check the list below for matching institutions and contact your employer for a matching form.
Donate Used Hearing Aids & Other Supplies
Gifts-in-kind are always welcomed! If you have hearing aids or other gently used items that need a new home, consider donating them to HSDC. Click HERE for more information and a list of some of the things we need most.
Please email any additional questions you might have to our development staff, who will return your email as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your own security, please do not send us any credit card information via email.
To view our most recent IRS Form 990, please visit GuideStar.
Hearing, Speech & Deafness Center of Seattle is truly a stellar foundation. I recently received my hearing aids from HSDC. This contribution has made a tremendous difference improving the quality of my life. When I began to wear my hearings aids I immediately noticed a difference in my productivity – thanks to the hearing aids combined with the tinnitus support, I am finally able to hear people in noisy environments and don’t have so many severe migraines! I know from personal experience that HSDC changes people’s lives. It has certainly changed mine! Your donation will make a big difference to other people in our community as well, by improving the quality of their lives.