Donate In-Kind Items
HSDC encourages donations of used hearing aids. Donation of Hearing Aids benefit HSDC and the communities we serve in a variety of ways:
- Donated hearing aids are often used as “Loaner Aids” for people having their hearing aids repaired.
- They are also salvaged and the usable parts provide funding for brand new free or reduced cost “Gift Aids” for people who would not have the resources to purchase a hearing aid otherwise.
- Through our reuse/recycled hearing aid program, we strive to fit hearing aids and assistive hearing equipment at a reduced cost for people who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford these valuable devices.
- Salvage value received for irreparable hearing aids also helps us to further our mission of strengthening community by promoting effective communication.
Other In-Kind Items:
If you have any gently-used items that need a new home, consider donating them to HSDC. We accept donations year-round at our offices in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellingham. Below we have listed some of the things we need most:
- White copy paper
- Conference phones
- When it’s time for you to upgrade, it’s time for us too! We can always put used hardware, software, furniture, and other equipment to good use.
In addition, our early childhood education programs have wish lists based on their specific needs and the themes they’ll be covering:
- Parent-Infant Program Wish List
- List coming soon!
- Behnke Preschool Wish List
- Click here for a full list. Gently used toys, book, and art supplies are always welcome!
If you have questions about our list, or want to know if we can use a specific item, please don’t hesitate to contact us.