Deaf Community Members
Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center supports Deaf community members with culturally appropriate services and staff dedicated to helping you connect with others on your own terms.
- Case Management, Advocacy & Information and Referral Services are available at no cost to help determine your accommodation needs, understand how to ask for and acquire accommodations under the ADA, accomplish your goals, and much more! Client advocates are based in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellingham, but serve clients in 13 counties across Western Washington.
- Parents of deaf, deaf-blind, and hard of hearing children qualify for free Case Management, Advocacy, and Information and Referral Services on behalf of their child.
- A public videophone is available during office hours at all three locations at no cost to community members.
- The Audiology Clinic provides hearing tests, and can work with you to choose a hearing aid to fit your lifestyle.
- Meet with an Assistive Listening Devices (ALD) Specialist to find the best clocks, phones and other assistive technology for you and your lifestyle.
- SignOn Interpreting Services works with Deaf individuals across the nation, providing sign language interpreting, deaf-blind interpreting, captioning, oral interpreting, and lip-reading translation both on-site and through video interpreting. Have a great experience with a specific interpreter? You can request them for your next appointment!