Parents & Families
Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center has a wide range of services for parents and families of children who are Deaf, hard of hearing, have speech language challenges, or who are just looking for a language-rich environment supporting early childhood development.
- Our Speech & Aural (Re)habilitation program serves children of all ages for a variety of diagnoses, including, apraxia, articulation, receptive and expressive language delay, voice disorders, etc. We specialize in literacy and written language delays.
- The Audiology Clinic provides pediatric hearing screenings and hearing tests, while our Assistive Listening Devices (ALD) Specialist will meet with you to find the best clocks and other assistive technology for you and your family.
- Parents of deaf, deaf-blind, and hard of hearing children qualify for free Case Management, Advocacy, and Information and Referral Services on behalf of their child.
Ages 0 – 3:
- The Parent-Infant Program is an early intervention home visiting program for children who are deaf, deaf-blind, hard of hearing, or facing multiple disabilities, and their families.
Ages 2 – 5:
- The Ned Behnke Preschool is a speech and language-rich environment serving children ages 2–5 who have speech-language challenges, are English Language Learners, or have a hearing loss. We also accept typically developing children as role models and for families who want a preschool focus on language and literacy.
- The Rosen Family Preschool offers a bilingual-bimodal environment for children ages 3-5 who are deaf or hard of hearing. The preschool partners with Seattle Public Schools and Seattle Preschool Pathways to give children a strong foundation in both American Sign Language and English.