What We Do
Ned Behnke Speech-Language Preschool provides a unique language-rich environment for young children, in which students are immersed in a classroom with a variety of activities designed to cultivate their language and literacy skills, preparing them for kindergarten. This environment is especially beneficial for children with speech delays or disorders such as apraxia, autism, social language delay, or specific language impairment.
Behnke Preschool’s curriculum is progressive and emphasizes development and multi-sensory learning. Activities and features include:
- Classroom decorated with periodic themes to engage students in their learning
- Weekly “Behnke Bulletin” newsletter outlining targeted skills, vocabulary, and activities
- Quarterly individualized progress report outlining strengths and weaknesses in speech, cognitive, and literacy areas
- Biannual one-on-one parent-teacher conferences
- Weekly large and small group activities focusing on language and pre-literacy skill development
- Pull-out speech-language therapy (when appropriate)
Questions? Want to visit the classroom and talk to the teachers? Feel free to contact us at any time.
Scholarships and payment plans are available for families who need assistance, and pull-out speech therapy appointments can often be paid through insurance. Contact us to learn more.