Community support plays a large part in ensuring that Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center can work to create an accessible, inclusive world. We are sincerely thankful to our supporters and their commitment to the communities we serve throughout Western Washington.
Make a Donation Now
If you’d like to support HSDC with a donation, there are several options:
- Donate or make a pledge online.
- Call or email. If you prefer to make a gift over the phone or have any questions, please contact Renee C. Look, Director of Development, at (206) 388-1286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail your gift. All gifts sent by mail should be made payable to Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center (HSDC). Please send your check or money order to:
Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center
1625 19th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
Donate Used Hearing Aids & Other Supplies
If you have hearing aids, other gently used listening devices, office supplies, or office furniture that needs a new home, we’d love to hear from you! We refurbish donated hearing aids with the help of community partners and provide them to our low-income clients for at a reduced cost.
One of the most powerful statements a corporation can make is its commitment to the community. We welcome inquiries from corporations and foundations about potential partnerships. Contact Sapana Patel, Corporate Relations & Events Manager, for more information at email@example.com or 206-432-4393.
You can view a list of our current corporate supporters here.
- Become an annual sponsor. Join one of our many sponsors and maximize your philanthropic dollars by becoming an annual sponsor and receiving year-round benefits, including event-specific recognition at one or both of HSDC’s signature fundraising events.
- Become an event sponsor. Partner with HSDC to support children and adults with communication challenges by sponsoring one of our annual events, Cocktails & Connections or the Froggy Fun Run 1K Family Dash. We often have various one-off events during the year, as well.
- Direct matching gifts to HSDC.
- Request HSDC speakers for presentations or workplace giving campaigns. If United Way is supporting your efforts, please direct your speaker requests through them. Otherwise, please contact us directly if you are interested in a speaker to talk about how workplace giving can benefit people and nonprofits in our community.
Give a Gift of Stock
Contributions of stock provide valuable support to HSDC and can also provide significant tax benefits to the donor.
The value of your transfer of stock is calculated as the average between the high and low quotes on the day your stocks leave your control. For example, on July 1, when you mail a stock certificate for one hundred shares to HSDC (or the day your broker transfers the stock into the HSDC investment account), the high is $24 and the low is $20. At the average price of $22 per share, your gift is worth $2,200.
If you have owned your stock for at least one year (appreciated stock), you will receive a tax deduction for the full value of its appreciated value at the time of your donation. A transfer of appreciated stock avoids the paying capital gains tax and you do not pay commissions for selling the stock. (Brokerage fees are paid out of your donation, however.) These advantages make it possible to give larger gifts than if you give only donations of cash.
If you would like to donate stock to HSDC that has depreciated in value since you bought it, we recommend that you sell your stock and write a check to HSDC in order to claim the loss and pay less in taxes.
To make a contribution of stock, please contact Renee C. Look, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 388-1286, or David Webster, Director of Finance, at email@example.com or (206) 388-1282. You will be asked to provide your name, name of the security, number of shares, and date of transfer.
Planned gifts provide creative and flexible strategies for your estate and charitable planning. The greatest benefit, however, lies in knowing you are supporting a cause that is important to you and provides a critical service to the community. When including HSDC in your estate plans, you can make a difference by supporting us with a bequest directed at a specific program or HSDC as a whole.
We’d be happy to discuss your options with you or your adviser. For more information or to schedule a time to meet, please contact Renee C. Look, Director of Development, at (206) 388-1286 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Double Your Contribution
If you work for an employer with a Matching Gift Program, you may be able to double your gift to HSDC. Check the list below for matching institutions and contact your employer for a matching form.